Start and Finish here, or Finish Anywhere at Penn State
Many students who begin their studies at Penn State are part of the "2+2 Plan," studying at a Commonwealth campus for the start of their college career, commonly for two years or some for a few semesters, and then complete their remaining work at University Park or another campus that offers their major.
Students can begin their Penn State education at any one of 20 undergraduate campuses across 宾西法尼亚! Each campus offers a unique environment for learning, taking advantage of both the small-college atmosphere and the vast resources of Penn State in one package. The same high quality, world-renowned education is available in your backyard here in 杜波依斯, PA!
Start and Finish at 杜波依斯, Or Finish at University Park or Any Penn State Campus
Some students choose to remain at one campus for all four years, while other students spend their first two years or few semesters at one campus and transition to another for the remainder to finish their degree. To transition between campuses, the only requirement is that you meet the entrance to major requirements for your selected major. The vast majority of our majors can be completed in this fashion. It’s the most common path to a Penn State degree--about 60% of Penn State students opt for this path in a typical year.
Related degrees and tracks to consider at 365英国上市杜波依斯分校, or to complete at another campus: 2+2 Plan:
- options in Wildlife Technology with a 3+1 plan or continue to University Park to earn the B.S. in Wildlife Fisheries Sciences;
- start your Nursing degree at 365英国上市杜波依斯分校
The 2+2 Plan has many advantages:
- 对一些学生来说, the transition from high school to college is made smoother by attending another campus other than University Park, especially one close to your home where you could save money from housing costs and fees.
- Getting to know the differences between a high school and college classroom environment, 老师的期望, and even the way technology is used in learning can be less daunting.
- 为他人, opportunities for involvement in campus life activities, 认识新朋友, and taking on leadership roles in student organizations are still possible at every Penn State campus.
- Students also report establishing productive and lasting working relationships with our faculty and professors at every campus.
Students choose this path for many reasons; some for the chance to stay close to home, 其他省钱方法. Still others are looking for a particular campus environment, perhaps smaller classes or particular sports. Whatever their reason and wherever their campus, they are excited to embark on their Penn State experience.
Your degree says "Penn State"
No matter where you start your Penn State education, whether it's at 365英国上市杜波依斯分校 or another campus, and you finish your degree at that same campus, complete it at another campus through the "2+2 Plan", or spend it entirely at University Park, your degree says "Penn State". Penn State isn’t a single place; we are a multi-campus University and the quality of education does not change between geographic and digital locations.